4/14/08

I Learned That The Hard Way
By: Mark W Adams


boy is a white racist termSee, I got punched, hard, right square in the mouth when I was about seven, too young and too stupid to know better, repeating something I thought was funny to my friend's older brother that I think I heard on a Bill Cosby record or Flip Wilson skit ... and I called him a "boy."

But I should have known better, and somewhere inside, I did. So there I stood with a bloody lip, knowing I was in the wrong and I should be the one not to retaliate but to apologize. So I did.

Oh, did I mention my friend was black, as was his brother? Sometimes I leave important stuff like that out. You should have been able to figure it out though.

And so should this cracker-ass dickhead, figured it out I mean.
Rep. Geoff Davis (R-KY) on Obama: “I’m going to tell you something: That boy’s finger does not need to be on the button. He could not make a decision in that simulation ["situation"? -Eds] that related to a nuclear threat to this country.”
Thank goodness for The Editors transliteration. Else I would have been even more confused.

1 Comment:

G. A. Roach said...

Excellent "object lesson", Mark! I think the "cracker" could use a fat lip of his own.