2/8/08

If It's Friday, I Must Be For Hillary
By: Mark W Adams


Honest to god, I've never been this retarded mentally disabled about who to vote for before. Hillary has a better health care plan and will take no prisoners. Obama's message of unity and hope is exactly what all of us in this country need....

Except those damn all-or-nothing wingnut extremists who think that John McCain is too liberal. Screw them. If Obama is even contemplating giving people like Tom DeLay, Pat Buchanan, Ann Coulter, Rush, Hannity, Savage or Laura Ingraham the time of day, he's a fool. They are dangerous and obnoxious and need to be marginalized, defeated, beaten down until they constitute less of a political force than Dennis Kucinich's campaign manager.

Let the guy who promises perpetual war appease these riff-raff. McCain is now all for keeping Bush's tax policy in place, will appoint even more lunatic judges who will destroy both the right to an abortion and the right to unionize while institutionalizing the government's right to spy on you, lock you up without a hearing and torture you -- all the while keeping his "moderate" hands clean.

Health care? McCain don't need no stinkin' health care and is backtracking on the issue that got him in trouble with these racist xenophobes in the first place -- willing to hold off on "comprehensive" immigration reform until "widespread consensus" is reached. Let McCain genuflect to the folks at CPAC.

Any candidate who curries favor with these folks (and as for The Corner and PowerLine it seems to be working) will never have my approval. While I know Obama will do his best to work with Mr. Filibuster, I can count on Hillary to bury him and spit on his grave.

Let's face it. The only reason Bill Clinton is still alive and Hillary doesn't sport a pair of furry earrings is because he has Secret Service protection.

Obama's turn will come. And in 2016 we will need him to answer the call of duty. But he needs Hillary to clear a path for his brand of reunification to work. She needs to clean house ... and the Senate too. Obamafication will never work with CPAC still capable of bringing "Mavericks" to their knees. By the time she's done with them, they will be a distant memory.

7 Comments:

G. A. Roach said...

Mark, Mark, Mark. That's what a hair-li....no! Stop! Dude, it's February. Just vote for JRE in March and drink beerz until September. Don't make a fuss, just get on the bus!

Mark W Adams said...

In reality, it will take a lot of hard liqueur to vote for someone other than JRE after spending over a year promoting him and half a decade in his camp -- even in the general.

Fortunately, I alternate between the two remaining candidates. If this were Thursday, I'd be talking up Barack. It's Tuesdays where I am most conflicted, the day we vote.

G. A. Roach said...

I say talk about JRE on Tuesday's. Simple logic, JRE is still driving the policy bus and will continue to do so until Rove becomes intellectually superior to Edwards. Phfftt!!! Oh, man! What a mess.

Seriously, we've worked our asses off. We can ride our laurels a little(i'm diggin' how that sounds) and hype the Potomac Pick after the DNC. I'm just plain conflicted every day; it's my new affliction.

Ara said...

By the time she's done with them, they will be a distant memory.

That's if she gets elected. I'm concerned that she'll unite her enemies against her (and divide her friends). She won't get the Independents, for starters. Obama will.

And, BTW IMHO, I think you're misreading Obama's approach on dealing with the opposition.

Anonymous said...

I'm still at voting Edwards Against NAFTA and For Party Unity ... that is, just showing up to help get the turn-out numbers up, but not risking voting for the real-deal underdog and stretching the nomination out any longer than it has to be.

I don't want to have to actually go to the polls on election day, soI am giving The Two Senators until Friday the 22nd to give me a reason to vote for one of them.

And, no, I am not going to wrack my brain coming up with a rationalization ... working that hard coming up with a reason to vote for someone, when they are not lifting a finger to help me out, Bruce don't play that.

Ara said...

And, no, I am not going to wrack my brain coming up with a rationalization

See, there's your problem: you're using your brain instead of your heart.

What does your heart tell you to do? If you decide not to vote, I respect that, but only if that's what your heart tells you to do.

PridePress said...

I am with you Mark.

I am voting for the Pitbull that is Hillary, and letting her clear the decks for the inspirational one to really take things left.