2/8/07

Edwards' Blog-Girls Watch (Update: They're Still In!)
By: Mark W Adams


Um, John? Silence IS Betrayal, remember?

Still no word if the bloggers John Edwards hired last week, Amanda Marcotte (Pandagon) and Mellissa McEwan (Shakes) were fired (or not) for things they wrote long before they were ever considered for the job.

One wonders if Shakes is getting a fair "shake" by being tied to Marcotte's writings. I've only seen wingnut complaints about examples at Pandagon, but McEwan is sitting in the bathtub with this baby. Will Edwards split the baby like Solomon?

(UPDATE:...I'm not the only one thinking along these lines.)

Finally, let me say this: there is absolutely, positively nothing to indicate that Melissa McEwen is the least bit anti-Catholic, other than Bill Donahue’s say-so. And the fact that she’s a Loyola grad tends to augur against that, methinks. If you want to claim Amanda Marcotte is anti-Catholic for holding views at variance with the Catholic Church, that’s your right, I suppose. But unless you can come up with anything indicating Melissa McEwen is anti-Catholic, you owe her an apology for accusing her of bigotry on the say-so of a bigot.

As usual, the "traditional media" gets it all wrong, even "TIME Magazine" which has the original Wonkette on the payroll -- who never shied away from an F-bomb or two.

Lest we lose hope, the predictable nose-pickers at the Corner think this is a good thing for everyone in the blogosphere because it will make us clean up our FUCKING act. Goldberg, again showing he is incapable of common sense or refuting anythng counter-intuitive or illogical, embraces this "human sacrifice" with open arms. (One cannot but help to opine that he would be of a different mind if the bloggirls in question were working for McCain, even if they were criminals.

Fortunately, this idiocy has been effectively slapped down by a pro.

Not happy, not happy at all. Seriously rethinking my involvement with the Edwards Netroots support.

UPDATE: The NOTE mentions the Blog-Girls "dilemma" without any explaination (or news, or anything NOTE worthy) but does mention that there will be a "media availability" with the former Senator at 1:45pm today.

The SILENCE is deafening.

UPDATE: HE STANDS BEHIND THE BLOG-GIRLS. THEY STAY!!!

Statement on Campaign Bloggers

user icon John Edwards in News Feed of
2/08/2007 at 11:36 AM EST

The tone and the sentiment of some of Amanda Marcotte's and Melissa McEwan's posts personally offended me. It's not how I talk to people, and it's not how I expect the people who work for me to talk to people. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that kind of intolerant language will not be permitted from anyone on my campaign, whether it's intended as satire, humor, or anything else. But I also believe in giving everyone a fair shake. I've talked to Amanda and Melissa; they have both assured me that it was never their intention to malign anyone's faith, and I take them at their word. We're beginning a great debate about the future of our country, and we can't let it be hijacked. It will take discipline, focus, and courage to build the America we believe in.


More to come.

3 Comments:

Ara said...

You know, I'm afaid what people are going to remember about this flap is that Michelle Malkin pushed a button and Mark Adams bailed out on John Edwards.

Please tell me I'm wrong.

Mark W Adams said...

Okay, you're wrong.

IF Edwards "bails" on Amdanda and Mellissa, he bails on the progressive internet community.

What Mark Adams does is of little consequence -- except to Mark Adams, whose integrity mean something, to Mark Adams.

I couldn't in good conscious act like everything's honkey dorry if he really does "throw them under the bus." This speaks more of what balls JRE has than me. I'm sticking to my principles, sticking up for the blog-girls, and I knew they were attack dogs before they were hired. JRE should have too -- and should unleash them, not muzzle them.

Ara said...

Fair enough. You make a good point.

The best news of all: No glass jaw. Edwards took the punch and he's still standing.