10/13/07

Know Thyself
By: Mark W Adams


Boredom and curiosity makes you do stupid stuff, like taking quizzes to figure out which candidate's positions are most like your own is most like your positions. But then again, you might be surprised. I was.

It's an eleven question test, and lays it out quick and dirty.

For instance, my choice, John Edwards was not who I matched up with best. What's shocking is that issue for issue, Edwards would be my fifth choice.

Hillary and Barack tied as the candidates I most agree with, disagreeing only on Iraq.
Kucinich is right behind them, off by one point where we disagree on immigration and the death penalty. Next was Dodd, 4 agreement points below Dennis. We don't see eye to eye on Iraq or the death penalty.

Finally John Edwards came in 3 points below Dodd, at odds with my positions on the issues of Iraq, Immigration and the Line-Item Veto. Bigger shock, he tied with Richardson! Substitute Energy for Iraq where I differ from Edwards but agree with Richardson and I'll still argue with them on immigration and the veto.

As for the GOP, I hate to say it, but Giuliani just beat out Ron Paul as the Republicans that wouldn't make me want to move to New Zealand if they got elected. I thought it would be Ron Paul and Huckabee fighting to woo me -- but Huckabee and I aren't speaking and I only agree with him and Fred Thompson on the death penalty, I've got more in common with Brownback who shares the same energy policy I do -- and that's it. Other than energy and the death penalty, those two and Duncan Hunter (who scores on both those issues with me) couldn't be more dead wrong on everything as far as I'm concerned.

Here's my score breakdown:
56: Clinton
56: Obama
55: Kucinich
51: Dodd
48: Edwards
48: Richardson
46: Gravel
44: Biden
32: Giuliani
24: Ron Paul
22: Mitt Romney
17: Jim Gilmore (who?)
13: John McCain
12: Duncan Hunter
7: Brownback
5: Huckabee
5: Fred Thompson

I'm beginning to understand why the Republicans are pushing Giuliani. They're dumb enough to think that he would appeal to liberals but still give them that last Supreme Court vote they need to kill abortion -- Bwahahahaha! As If.

As I figured, every Democrat beats every Republican -- by a decent margin -- in the electoral college of my brain.

0 Comments: