11/9/07

"What Digby Said" . . . The Movie
By: Mark W Adams


Now wouldn't that be cool? Or at least a book, "The Collected Works," or "The Complete Digby." God she's the best.
Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

I've put a new feature on the left side of the blog that links the top ten items I feel like sharing with you, my faithful readers -- all 32 of you. I can see a day when the
"What's Mark Reading" list is all Digby, all the time.


But I'll take that risk. You could do far worse. If you read one blog a day, Make sure it's Hullabaloo, The Wit and Wisdom of Digby."

The Writer's Strike? Solidarity for what Digby said. Huckabee? We all agree. Rudy? Yep, that too. The myth of male dominance in Blogtopia? Skippy gets credit for the list (and of course for coining the phrase.)

She gets Hat Tips, (and Tent Tips), for her unrelenting lambasting of the "pack of useless assholes" who inhabit Washington D.C., and I can't believe I can read her for free.

On any given day, a link to Digby's site is worth a thousand, "Geez, I wish I'd said thats."

2 Comments:

Ara said...

A couple of thoughts:

That's the first picture of her I've ever seen. You too?

I like Digby but...her RSS feed is messed up so, often, I skip past her stuff. Here's what it looks like in Google Reader:

"The Village Fight Songby digbyKumbaaya.Matthews asked"

That's the title, as shown in Google Reader. Now I have a problem: (a) "digby" is concealed and (b)her titles are not the greatest. I confess I scan for interesting titles (subscribing as I do to over 60 blogs). And her blog post titles get chewed up by Google Reader. I will say this: when I do read her she's spot on.

I like the "What Mark's Reading" thingy. I might add something similar.

You have 32 readers? Who knew? Just this morning I was thinking, as I often do, that of all the six year old blogs out there, I must have the lowest readership of all of them. Now I have competition! Woo hoo!

Mark W Adams said...

Digby's feed has always been weird, even in other readers. I just started using Google's reader, and I'm weaning myself off NetNewsWire. TBogg is even worse. The titles come up as "untitled" At least in Google, his first line/title is visible at a glance.

I think it's a matter of writing style. Theny never fill in the title field, probably writing offline and uploading via and FTP.

I'm always looking for something like that which does it properly. (Mars Edit, the companion for NetNewsWire, never puts the titles in properly.) I like the upgrage to ScribeFire from Foxfire as a browser-based composer. But is still isn't perfect.