11/11/07

Avedon's Sideshow: Indespensible
By: Mark W Adams



What Digby is to long form analysis (read: Righteous Rants), Avedon Carol mixes the links we like with the insight we need.

Maybe it's the perspective from blogging across the pond, maybe it's the continued quest for the perfect bra.

Whatever it is (besides the fact that she occasionally tips her hat my way), Avedon is the BOMB. She's not number two after Digby in my heart. She's first in her own category, all her own.

I think it's a spin off the old Limbaugh saw where he tells his Ditto-heads what the news is, to think about it. Avedon tells me what to read, and why it matters. Digby tells me why I should be pissed off about it.

It occurs that I may sound sexist or worse, patronizing because I've singled out two female bloggers as my fav's. It also occurs that they were, by far, my "Go To" bloggers -- every day -- for over a year before I had a clue they weren't dudes. Truth is, it never occured.

(And yes, I thought Avedon was just being a male chauvinist pig for the Bra Of The Week thing in a cheap effort to attract viewers. I viewed, but never questioned for the longest time -- didn't think to click on the thing for the longest time.)

[And just as an aside -- do we have to give Skippy credit every damn time we write "Blogtopia?" Just wondering. I'm also wondering if Avedon will ever model any of those fantastic bras.]

2 Comments:

Avedon said...

Thanks!

(Er, what's that link where it says "click on the thing"? It's not working for me.)

Mark W Adams said...

Link fixed. And you're very welcome. It's to your "why" post on the bras.