10/8/07

Yes, The Yankees Still Suck
By: Mark W Adams


Tribe does it! Bring on the Red Sox.

After the last two posts, which mainly concerned me trying to get my head around the different levels of cognitive awareness between liberals and conservatives, and realizing that the primitive brained conservatives have so transformed "normal" politics, changing so much of the language we use to describe policy (See: Orwell, George; and Stewart, Jon) that the "liberal" position is now protecting, defending and conserving our democratic institutions -- it was good to just watch some baseball.

Is it just me? When exactly did they substitute "God Bless America" for "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" during the seventh inning stretch? And who decided to televise the spectacle and crank up the reverb to the point it sounded like an operatic tenor testing the echo in the Grand Canyon?

A better question might be, am I some kind of Muslimonazi loving liberal terrorist sympathizer for even asking the question? And just when did I start hating Kate Smith? (NO, I shall not apologize for my outdated reference. If you have to ask your mom who Kate Smith was, you probably hate baseball anyway you little punk.)

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

I can't be the ONLY one who has noticed that the Yankees haven't won the World Series since they hauled Kate Smith out for the 7th inning stretch.

But how can they switch back to Take Me Out to the BallGame now?