10/18/07

Dear Senator Rockefeller,
By: shep


by shep

I am not a constituent of yours in West Virginia or a well-funded lobbyist from K Street so it should be doubly easy to dismiss my comment, as I am sure you will choose to do.

However, I am a lifelong Democrat and I am outraged at your support for retroactive telecommunications company immunity in the current FISA legislation reportedly coming from your committee. I consider your support of immunity for telecommunications companies as nothing less than selling your office to the highest bidder. Obviously, there is no more disgraceful act by a public official.

I will do everything in my power to see that you are replaced by a Democratic candidate who respects the rule of law, the privacy rights of American citizens and who understands and upholds the ethical responsibilities of public office.

Sincerely,
[shep]

[NOTE:] Congratulations to Senator Chris Dodd, who shamed most of his Democratic colleagues, including both of his Senate rivals for the Democratic presidential nomination, by vowing to block FISA legislation that gave retroactive immunity to telecommunications companies for civil suits arising from illegal disclosure of customer information to the government. I immediately donated to his campaign and he can go get a beer and a massage with it for all I care.

[Cross-posted at E Pluribus Unum]

0 Comments: