5/11/09

Of Course Wanda Went Too Far
By: Mark W Adams


Wanda Sykes at Nerdprom:

"Rush Limbaugh said he hopes this administration fails," Sykes
began. "So you're saying, 'I hope America fails', you're, like, 'I
don't care about people losing their homes, their jobs, our soldiers in
Iraq'. He just wants the country to fail.

"To me, that's treason.
He's not saying anything differently than what Osama bin Laden is
saying. You know, you might want to look into this, sir, because I
think Rush Limbaugh was the 20th hijacker. But he was just so strung
out on OxyContin he missed his flight. Rush Limbaugh, I hope the
country fails, I hope his kidneys fail, how about that? He needs a good
waterboarding, that's what he needs." 

It wasn't funny.  Saying you hope someone dies is never funny.  It's not supposed to be.  It's no more entertaining than Limbaugh's original hope that Obama fails.

Newsflash: she wasn't joking.  Neither was Limbaugh.  Sadly I really don't expect better behavior from either of them.  If anything, having seen Wanda's act before, which is consistently nasty and not always my cup o' tea, I was relieved she toned it down as much as she did.

She knew she went too far.  She even said so right there at the podium.  Let's face it, Stephen Colbert set the bar extremely high for these things -- just as George W. Bush set the bar low for the President himself ... lest we forget:


0 Comments: