8/20/08

We Miss You Already Stephanie
By: Mark W Adams


Stephanie Tubbs-Jones was my congress critter after Lou Stokes retired, until I moved into Marcy Kaptur's district. I met her when she was still on the bench before I passed the bar and used to see her going back and forth in the tunnels under the court houses underneath Downtown Cleveland in the years that followed.

I never appeared before her, nor had a case against her when she was our prosecutor. We were only formally introduced once.

Nevertheless, she never forgot my name, always had a smile and jovial greeting for me and seemed to have boundless energy. It was impossible not to like her.

My thoughts are with her and her family and all those she touched.

1 Comment:

themom said...

I had the opportunity to see her once when my son was at Case Western. She was a lovely woman. She will be missed.